Mineral Point High School inducted new members into the Al Bauman Wrestling Hall of Fame Friday, December 17 during the match vs. Fennimore.
Mike has been an avid fan and backer of the Mineral Point Wrestling Program since his high school years. After graduating from Mineral Point High School in 1973, he has continued to follow and attend MPHS wrestling matches and tournaments to the present day.
Mike attends regular Mineral Point Wrestling Club monthly meetings giving reports, suggestions, ideas, and other feedback. He has been involved in many fundraisers for the Mineral Point Wrestling Program. Some of these fundraisers include working in the kitchen at tournaments, helping with chicken barbecue and pizza sales. He has also helped at many other wrestling events including the Wrestling 50 Year Reunion.
Mike volunteered to coordinate the Mineral Point Wrestling Club aluminum can collection and distribution fundraiser. Funds raised have increased by 80 percent since January 2013.
Mike also arranges bus transportation to wrestling tournaments and matches for both the wrestling team and fans throughout the wrestling season.
Mike resides in Mineral Point with his wife Kelly of 45 years. They have three daughters: Kirby (Neil Wenger, Kennedy, Keegan and Kendall), Kyle (Andy Landenberger and Kingsley), Kirstin (Jimmy Leonard and Kennison).
Mike has been a member of the Mineral Point Wrestling Club for 30 years.
Mineral Point High School
- Watertown Invitational Champion – 2006, 2007, 2009
- Raider Invitational Champion – 2007
- Cheesehead Invitational Runner-Up – 2007
- Conference Champion – 2008
- WIAA Regional Champion – 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
- WIAA Sectional Champion – 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
- WIAA Individual State 3rd Place – 2008
- WIAA Individual State Runner-Up – 2007, 2009
- WIAA Individual State Champion – 2010
- WIAA Team State Champion – 2007, 2008, 2009
- WIAA Team State Runner-Up – 2010
- 1st Team All-SWAL – 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
- Mineral Point Most Valuable Wrestler – 2008, 2010
- Mineral Point Team Captain – 2010
- Career High School Record – 175-17
- Current All-Time Wins Leader at MPHS
- 4th wrestler in WIAA history to earn 8 WIAA State wrestling medals (four individual and four team)
- Only MPHS wrestler to earn 4 WIAA Individual State medals
University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
- Letterman – 2011
- WIAC Conference Runner-Up – 2011
- College Record – 14-7
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety and Health – 2015
Dylan resides in Madison and is an active supporter of the Mineral Point Wrestling Program.