To read detailed results, visit: https://mineralpointschools.org/2019/04/voters-reject-new-elementary-school-three-extend-terms-on-board/
District officials made it a priority to keep the public informed about the needs prompting an April 2, 2019 Referendum.
The Board approved a referendum question to appear on the April 2019 ballot in January.
Please keep checking this page for updates and more information.
If you are looking to reference information from the 2018 referendum, that is available here: https://mineralpointschools.org/referendum/
The Mineral Point Unified School District will ask voters to approve a referendum question on the April 2 ballot to address issues in the District. If approved by voters, the solution will:
- Build a new elementary building on the existing middle/high school campus
“Shall the Mineral Point Unified School District, Iowa and Lafayette Counties, Wisconsin be authorized to issue pursuant to Chapter 67 of the Wisconsin Statutes, general obligation bonds in an amount not to exceed $19,500,000 for the public purpose of paying the cost of constructing and equipping a new elementary school on the existing middle/high school campus?”
ELEMENTARY RENOVATION DRAFT
NOV. 2018 & APR. 2019 REFERENDUM COST ESTIMATE COMPARISONS
COMMUNITY OPEN HOUSE SLIDESHOW PRESENTATION
3/7 SUPERINTENDENT’S CORNER
Vote for the Position that Best Represents Your Needs
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AT:
Contact 987-0740 if you’d like to set up a presentation for your group.
- February 27: Mineral Point Community Endowment, 8 am, Cafe 43 (43 High Street)
- February 28: Mineral Point Excellence in Education Endowment, 8 am, Cafe 43 (43 High Street)
- March 4: Mineral Point Public Library Board, 5 pm, Public Library (137 High Street)
- March 4: Mineral Point Lions Club, 7 pm, Tony’s Tap (10 Commerce Street)
- March 5: Mineral Point Kiwanis Club, 12 pm, Pointer Cafe (809 Ridge Street)
- March 5: Open House, 7 pm, MP Elementary Library (611 Cothern Street)
- March 6: Mineral Point Wrestling Club, 7 pm, MPHS Library (705 Ross Street)
- March 12: Mineral Point Town Board, 6:30 pm, Town Hall (4070 Hwy. 39)
- March 18: Open House, 7 pm, MP Elementary Library (611 Cothern Street)
- March 21: Mineral Point Chamber of Commerce Board, 5 pm, Chamber Office (225 High Street)
ESTIMATED TAX IMPACT
TAX IMPACT CALCULATOR FOR BUILDING REFERENDUM
(Do not use commas, periods or dollar signs)
Please contact Interim Superintendent Mitch Wainwright at firstname.lastname@example.org (987-0740).