Mineral Point School District is anxiously anticipating celebrating its 2018 Homecoming October 1st through 6th.
This year’s theme is “Point’s Got Game!”
Court members are, left to right, front row: Senior Representative Dana Schmitz, Senior Queen Candidates Miranda Oellerich, Mara Aschliman and Kaitlyn Kinch, Senior Representative Josie Lindholm. Second row: Freshman Representatives Mallory Lindsey and Ella Chambers, Sophomore Representatives Haily Murphy and Emily Cody, Junior Representatives Maddie Williams and Morgan Vondra. Third row: Senior Boys Mason Dailey, Danny Pittz, Kyle Vondra, Grant Lineberger, Logan Schmitz, Brandon Dolphin, and Uriah Ottoway. Back row: Garrett Ward, Curtis Cox, Brady Palzkill, Karsten Bakken, Sean Wahlin, Kevin Eisenzimmer, and Blake Sletten. Not pictured: Mitchell Schaaf.
The events are as follows:
- High School dress up day: ‘Merica
- Middle: Hippie
- Elementary: Mismatch
- Home volleyball vs. Southwestern JV 5:45 pm, Var to follow
- High School dress up day: Destination (Freshmen: Klondike-freezing; Sophomores: Wild West-no weapons; Juniors: New England- East Coast preppy; Seniors: Gold Coast-Hollywood; Staff: Tropics)
- Middle: Sports Team
- Elementary: Favorite Team
- Home volleyball vs. Riverdale JV 5:45 pm, Var to follow
- Home JV football vs. Cuba City 5 pm
- High School dress up day: Point’s Got Game (Freshmen: Clue; Sophomores: Trouble; Juniors: Life; Seniors: Candy Land; Staff: Battleship)
- Middle: Hawaiian
- Elementary: Workout
- High School dress up day: Class Color (Freshmen: Lime Green; Sophomores: Hot Pink; Juniors: Purple; Seniors: Black; Staff: Blue)
- Middle: Crazy Hair
- Elementary: Pointer
- Queen Speeches & Voting during school day
- High School Float Building during school day
- Powder Puff Football during school day
- Parade 6:15 pm down High Street
- Anyone wishing to enter a float in the parade should contact Matt Nevers at email@example.com or 987-0730 ext. 472. Entries should be in no later than Wednesday, October 3rd to allow enough time to distribute the parade line-up to all involved. Floats may be pulled by car or truck, and the driver must have a valid WI driver’s license. Written permission from the owner must be registered with Mr. Nevers. No three or four wheelers will be allowed in the parade and we ask that you refrain from throwing candy as it creates a hazardous situation for youngsters. Line-up will begin between 5:30 and 6:00 pm in front of Atrium Post Acute Care. Please look for the person in the bright fluorescent vest to help you.
- Spirit Rally and crowning of the Queen to follow the parade at the new football field
- High School dress up day: Pointer Spirit
- Middle: Blue & White
- Elementary: Blue & White
- High School Pep Rally during school day
- Home football vs. Fennimore 6 pm (Hall of Fame Night)
- Home soccer vs. Prairie du Chien (at Dodgeville) Var 5 pm, JV to follow
- Gridiron Club/Stadium Project Golf Outing 9 am start at Dodge-Point
- Dance 8 pm-12 am with Grand March at 8:30 pm in high school gym ($6 for dance attendees; $2 for spectators)
A special invitation is extended to all Pointer Alumni to join in the festivities. Pointer Pride never dies.
Go Blue! Make it a great Homecoming week!