Mineral Point Elementary is excited to embark on a new program entitled FAST, which stands for Families & Schools Together.
FAST helps children thrive by building strong, supportive relationships at home.
Built on evidence-based practices and rigorously tested, FAST consistently produces statistically significant improvements in children’s behavior, emotional well-being, and academic performance while building social capital among families, schools, and communities.
What does FAST offer?
- Free weekly meal
- Door prize
- Onsite childcare
- Fun family time
- Meet other parents
- Special parent-child playtime
Effects reported by parents:
- 67% of FAST parents say they have a better relationship with their FAST child
- Family conflict declines by nearly 20%
- 45% of FAST parents feel their family is more cohesive
- Overall impact of children’s behavior difficulties declines by 30%
- 64% of parents report improvement in community relationships
- 53% of parents say they’re more involved in their children’s education
FAST is open to any families of students in grades Kindergarten through 5th. Sessions are held in the evenings and are two and a half hours long, once a week for eight weeks.
The deadline to sign up is October 13 with the program beginning on October 24.
For more information on FAST, check out: https://www.familiesandschools.org/
If interested, contact:
Carla Rand, School Counselor
987-0739 ext. 115
Paula Schuette, Parent Partner