At Monday’s regular monthly School Board meeting, the Board unanimously approved the retirement notices of Vickie Dahl (Middle School Principal & Middle/High School Athletic Director), Benita Schmitz (Elementary School Special Education Teacher), and Scott Schmitz (Middle/High School Physical Education Teacher).
Additionally, the Board unanimously accepted the resignations of Kipalee Bakken (Middle/High School Business Teacher) and Katelyn Oellerich (School Psychologist).
A sincere thank you to all of them for their decades of service to our students.
Go to the one hour, 26 minute, 30 second mark of the video: https://youtu.be/gaiCAOXCWvU
— The Board recognized the following:
- Valedictorian Lorelei Allbright and Salutatorians Griffin Albaugh and Kylie Rule
- Herb Kohl Teacher Fellow: Ashley Calderon-McHugh
- Gymnastics All-State & All-Americans: Ally Baehler and Alana DuBois
- Girls & Boys Basketball All-State: Katelyn Cox, Raegan Galle, Breanna Goninen, Eliza Ingwell, Kennedy Kabat, Ella Kroll, Morgan Lee, Laci Lindsey, Belle Watters, Kennedy Wenger, Koby Filardo, Maddix Jackson, Eli Lindsey, Brady Radtke, Alex Ross, Landon Thousand, Bryce Vamstad, and Jaxson Wendhausen
- Wrestling All-State: Lucas Sullivan, Tarrin Riley, Kylie Rule, Roen Carey, Carson Kroll, and Mac Busser
- Perfect ACT Score: Bobby Allbright
(This begins the meeting video)
— The Board unanimously approved the following job postings:
- One 100% School Psychologist
- One 100% Middle/High Business Teacher
- One 100% Elementary Special Education Teacher
- One 100% additional Elementary Teacher (this additional teacher will mean there will be three sections at each grade level)
(Go to the one hour, 32 minute, 30 second mark)
— Following closed session, the Board approved the following job postings:
- One 75% High School Physical Education Teacher/25% Middle & High Athletic Director (unanimously approved)
- One 100% Assistant Principal (Middle School Focus) (4-3 vote with Aaron Dunn, Will Harris, Rachael Bergstrom, and Christie Johnston voting yes and Andy Busch, Justin Skelding, and Joni Heisner voting no)
— The Board unanimously approved Summer Contracts with a 3% increase. (Go to the one hour, 12 minute mark)
— The Board unanimously approved the three-year Athletic/Sport Trainer contract, pending negotiations to include a 30 day termination clause by either party and mutually agreed upon salary increase not to exceed 4%. (Go to the one hour, 15 minute, 45 second mark)
— The Board unanimously approved the credit card statement and bills payable. (Go to the one hour, 23 minute, 30 second mark)
— The Board unanimously tabled the hiring of a Night Custodian. (Go to the one hour, 31 minute mark)
— The Board heard reports from building level administrators. (Go to the 16 minute, 45 second mark)
— The Board heard spring election results. Andrew M. Busch and Joni L. Heisner each earned another three-year term on the Board with 1000 and 955 votes respectively. Alan Schrank came in third with 470 votes. (Go to the 54 minute mark)
— Superintendent Mitch Wainwright provided his monthly budget update. (Go to the 55 minute mark)
— A special meeting of the Board will be held Monday, April 24 at 6 pm for Oath of Office. The next regular meeting will be Monday, May 8 at 6 pm.