The Mineral Point School Board held a special meeting Monday, August 27 to finalize the exact legal language to be used for the November 6 referenda questions. (Scroll past the video for more article text)
- With regard to the elementary renovations, the resolution authorizing general obligation bonds in an amount not to exceed $11,920,000 was approved by a 4-3 vote with Aaron Dunn, Everett Lindsey, Andy Busch, and Nate Chambers voting yes while Kelly Gundlach, Larry Steffes, and Jeff Basting voted no.
The language can be read here: https://v3.boardbook.org/Public/PublicItemDownload.aspx?ik=43061717
- With regard to the operating referendum, the resolution authorizing the school district budget to exceed revenue limit by $350,000 for recurring purposes was approved by a 6-1 vote with Steffes being the lone vote.
That language can be read here: https://v3.boardbook.org/Public/PublicItemDownload.aspx?ik=43061719
- The official referendum resolution for ballot language was approved by a 5-2 vote with Steffes and Basting voting no.
That language can be read here: https://v3.boardbook.org/Public/PublicItemDownload.aspx?ik=43061722
(Go to the 30 minute mark)
- Following closed session, the Board unanimously approved issuing a public statement regarding a recent investigation. That statement can be read here: https://mineralpointschools.org/wp-content/uploads/4424_001.pdf
(Go to the 40 minute mark)
- Communications Director Joelle Doye shared a referenda communication plan with the Board and the Board unanimously approved up to $4,000 to be spent on referenda communication. (This begins the meeting)
- The Board discussed the Advanced Placement Exam schedule. There were concerns this year with students taking exams the last day of school. (Go to the 17 minute, 30 second mark)
- The next regularly scheduled meeting of the Board is set for Monday, September 17. (Note that this is the 3rd Monday of the month, not the normal 2nd Monday)