The Wisconsin School Public Relations Association has named Joelle Doye, Mineral Point Unified School District Communications Director, to its Board of Directors for a three year term.
Other newly elected members include:
- Becky Backhaus, Creative Director, J.P. Cullen
- Timothy Brown, Middle/High School Principal, Kohler School District
- Emily Neubauer, Marketing and Communications Specialist, Racine Unified School District
The four join the following already serving on the WSPRA Board:
- Debbie Brewster, Coordinator of School and Community Relations, DeForest Area School District
- Christina Brey, Media Relations Officer, Wisconsin Education Association Council
- Kit Dailey, Public Outreach Specialist, Eppstein Uhen Architects
- Terry Falk, School Board Member, Milwaukee Public Schools
- Tracy Habish-Ahlin, Communications and Community Services Coordinator, Hudson School District
- Brian Hanes, Superintendent, Ashwaubenon School District
- Sarah Heck, Director of Marketing, Communications and Resource Development, Cooperative Educational Service Agency #2 Whitewater
- Mike Heine, School and Community Relations, Delavan-Darien School District
- Kevin Hickman, Vice President of Marketing and Business Development, J.P. Cullen
- Dennis Pauli, Superintendent, Edgerton School District
- Stacy Tapp, Chief of Communication and Community Engagement, Racine Unified School District
“I am excited and honored to join this excellent group of leaders dedicated to improving Wisconsin’s schools through outstanding communication,” said Doye. “My passion for telling the stories of the great things happening in our schools, specifically the small and rural ones like Mineral Point, motivates me to exhibit to others the incredible value of investing in school public relations.”
The Wisconsin School Public Relations Association (WSPRA) is a professional association representing schools, school districts, educational associations, consulting agencies and organizations. WSPRA is a state affiliate of the National School Public Relations Association.
WSPRA was chartered in August 1967.