Full Job Title: Communications Specialist
- Bachelor’s degree in PR, communications or related field.
- Two years of related experience in public relations and/or media work.
- Previous experience working with public schools preferred.
- Knowledge of the unique district community.
- Excellent verbal written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency with current technology for performance of duties; including graphics design and publication/print software.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking and judgment skills a must.
- Disseminate information to the public and school district staff.
- Evaluate and coordinate requests for community use of facilities, as well as approval of event promotional materials.
- Serve as editor/writer for district web site, newsletters and other publications
- Generate newsletter stories
- Coordinate layout, design and production of web site, newsletters and other publications.
- Serve as communications liaison between the media and the district. Prepare and distribute news releases, arrange media interviews and conferences and respond to requests for information
- Photograph district programs and events for publications and slide shows.
- Determine appropriate communications for target audiences.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to the District Office at Mineral Point School District, 705 Ross Street, Mineral Point, WI 53565