Mineral Point Elementary Principal Matt Renwick has been invited to be part of the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction’s State Academic Standards Writing Committee for English Language Arts.
State Superintendent Stanford Taylor authorized the creation of this committee to review and revise Wisconsin’s Academic Standards for English Language Arts in order to positively impact student learning. These standards are a foundation for curriculum and instruction across our state. This work will proceed through a regular and transparent review process to ensure all our children have rigorous and relevant learning experiences. For more information on the process see the following links:
- Academic Standards: dpi.wi.gov/standards
- Standards Review Revision Process
The State Academic Standards Writing Committee for English Language Arts is expected to meet twice in face-to-face meetings and about four to five times virtually between late October 2019 and March 2020. Co-Chairs include:
- Norm Andrews, Elmbrook Schools
- Lisa Duxbury, Oshkosh Area School District
- Abbie Fishman, Milwaukee Public Schools
- Amy McGovern, Wausau School District
- Dr. Colleen Pennell, Carroll University
- Dr. David Roloff, University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point
Barb Novak, Laura Adams, and Bianca Williams-Griffin will serve as DPI content liaisons for this work.