Updated on 4-5-21, in bold below.
Hello MPES families. Below are a few updates to be aware of when we come back to school after spring break.
Arrival and Dismissal
With safety guidelines opening up a little, we are making the following adjustments.
- We will continue to have drop off for grades 4K and 3-5 off Cothern St and in the lower lot for grades K-2.
- Students arriving before 7:50 A.M. will head to outdoor recess on the tire chips. Front doors and classrooms will be open beginning at 7:50 A.M.
- Students at morning recess will head in through library doors.
- Students arriving at 7:50 A.M. or later will go in through the main entrance.
- On rainy mornings, students will come inside and sit at their coat rack until 7:50.
- 4K dismisses at 3:18 and walks out the library doors
- Bus riders dismiss at 3:20.
- K-2 walks out the main entrance
- 3-5 walks out the library doors
- Walkers and pick ups dismiss at 3:23 and leave from the same doors (K-2 – main entrance, 3-5 – library)
- Classrooms will follow in grade level order to walk out of the building. (Example: 1st grade follows kindergarten, 2nd grade follows 1st grade)
Breakfast and Lunch
Due to the gym closed for construction after spring break, we are making the following adjustments.
- Breakfast will be available for the students to pick up in the mornings at a designated area in the hallway by the cafeteria doors. K-2 students will come up the stairs by the office, select what they would like, and go down the stairs by Ms. Sauter’s office.
- Lunches will be brought to classrooms on carts. Students will be provided a cold sack lunch on Mondays and Fridays and a hot option will be served on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- All meals are still being provided to students free of charge. Milk for students who bring cold lunch will be charged to their meal accounts; the same for students wanting to purchase an extra milk.
- The Tuesday bag meals will still be given to the students for Virtual Wednesdays.
Have a great spring break!
Mr. Renwick, Principal
Mineral Point Elementary School